Thursday, January 17, 2008

08

Listening to music is an activity we all need in our lives. It helps us unwind, get away from the problems of everyday life, have a rest or just simply enjoy ourselves. There are many forms of listening to music, including live concerts, walkmans, MP3s or at home on computer. My favorite form is the CD walkman. I just put a CD in it, zlay down on my bed and enjoy the pleasure given by music. It is very good because it can play MP3s, too, so the music can last for a long time as MP3's need smaller place on the CD.

As many things it has advantages and disadvantages as well. The advantage is it's zmovability - I can carry it along with me almost everywhere I go. I can use it on the bus while I'm going to-, or coming home from the university, when I'm cooking in the kitchen or when I'm working on something that doesn't need concentrating. I always have it with me if I'm going on a longer trip - it's a great invention.

The disadvantage of it can be the fact that it does not really give me the feeling as if I were listening it lively. Live concerts are always held at places with good conditions concerning sounds, voices, so you can feel that music surrounds you - this is not happening when I'm listening it on my CD player. It gives a similar impression but far not the same.

I have mentioned that I always carry it with me if I go on a longer trip or route. Last time I did it when my family and I were driving to Budapest to take part in a Christmas Celebration. The route was about five hours long so I had many times. I listened mainly to Christmas songs to become spiritually, mentally prepared for this most important feast of humanity.

No comments: