Thursday, January 17, 2008

49

At the very end of the year 2006 a pretty fascinating event happened to me. I learn playing classical guitar since eight years and I had the first opportunity to show my knowledge on the last day of the abovementioned year, at z31th December's eve. The zGuitarquartett of Szekszárd invited me to perform a few songs with them in a church.

It was very important for me because of several reasons. Firstly, I was very happy, when my father came to me after the concert and he told me he was proud of me. He is also interested in guitar playing and now he thinks I am much more better than he ever will be. Secondly, this event was the best forum to show my skills to a wider public. I gained success, but I also got some critique - so it was some kind of a 'mirror' that shows me what I need to practice.

Moreover, I also expect from this concert to have an effect on my future. I know of course that I am not so talented that I could make a carrier, but I expect other opportunities to play guitar to a bit wider public. Hopefully, my teacher will also join the next concert - it would be a great experience.

A few days after the concert one of the members of the zQuartett sent me an e-mail. He attached a video to the letter about my performance. My first impression after seeing it was that I was pretty bad - I made a lot of mistakes and silly gestures; I felt ashamed. But now I think that it was a good performance, because at the first time I am allowed to make some mistakes and so it comes clear what I need to change or practice to make a better performance next time.

No comments: