Thursday, January 17, 2008

48

I always liked listening to music, at the early ages I did not care about, what type of machine I used for listening to music. But clearly, when I was 7 years old the scale of the machines was not so wide as today - I remember I was listening an Abba cassette on a red and pink walkman. Now, years later I prefer live concerts. I think it is the best way to experience music, but it is an experience which you have to share with others.

Why do I like live concerts? A great advantage of them that you can see the band you are a fan of - of course you can see them on a music video too, but that is totally different. At a live concert, I think you can totally give yourself to the music you like. You can go with your friends and you can enjoy the songs together. Sometimes a concert can be a really nice memory which worth to remember - like the KFT concert at the Volt Festival last year. It was so powerful and enjoyable, that I will never forget it. Of course, I can also agree with those who do not like live concerts, because in my opinion there is no other form of listening to music which would have so much disadvantages as concerts.

To begin with you always have to take care of yourself, because it is natural to have people around you who only enjoy a concert when they are drunk. It is not so good to have an zarguement with a drunken guy... Another disadvantage could be, when an almost two meters tall person stands in front of you. /Believe me, I am just 1,6 meter tall.../

With all its advantages and disadvantages, I like live music. My favourite story is in connection to the Volt Festival in Sopron, 2006 and a band, which I heard there first time. It was the first day of the festival. Me and my friend decided to take a look around, try to find all the stages, have something to drink etc. As we were walking, some very great melodies caught our attention. We went closer; a beautiful voiced woman was singing jazz-based songs. Between two songs, she stopped and said: "Look at the moon, how beautiful it shines tonight...". Everybody turned to the moon with a smile on their face. That was the point, when it turned clear to me that I really like live concerts.

No comments: