Thursday, January 17, 2008

27

I am just a person who can not imagine her life without music. It is a part of my life. There is no day in my life that goes by without listening to music. I have cassettes and CDs as well, but my favorite form of listening to music is to go to live concerts. From my childhood I have been in many concerts, as I were playing the piano and the music school organized concerts many times. Now, I zusully go to concerts with my friends, we choose free concerts, fortunately there is a lot of them. We love pop and classical concerts, too.

Live concerts have advantages and disadvantages, as well. One of its advantages is that you can see the performer. She / he is standing on the stage, near to you, not in a newspaper, but in front of you. You can see how she / he sings, dances, hence the performer gets closer to you. They create a good atmosphere, there is a special feeling in a live concert. Everybody is dancing and singing, and they make you sing too.

Their disadvantage can be, if the singer uses playback. I think it's very disgusting, because if I bought the expensive ticket, than I can expect them to sing. If the audience realizes that she / he is mute, just their mouth are moving, it makes a great indignation among the people because they feel deceived. If it is a big star who cheats, it usually appears in the newspapers. Another bad thing is, when there are a lot of people in front of you, and you cannot see a thing. it is very annoying.

My last experience of concerts was in December. Some of my friends and I went to the cathedral in Pécs, where there was a beautiful christmas concert. A grammar school organized it, there was a choir and other students who played in different instruments. It was very good, because after the exams they turned me to the 'christmas mood'. There was only one problem, that we could hardly see them. By the time we arrived, there was a mass in the church, it was very crowded. But, after all, it was a nice experience for me.

No comments: