Thursday, January 17, 2008

43

Listening to music became an important part of my life. There are a lot of activities that I can't imagine to do without it. Nowadays I listen to music when I'm travelling, studying, having a bath or doing the washing up. However I used to be a couch potato, who sat in front of the TV watching silly soap operas and I wasn't interested in music at all. I got my first walkman when I was fourteen, but as years went by it came out of date and now I have an MP3 player, which is my "partner" to everywhere. It is a little equipment, which allows you to listen to music comfortably, as it is so small that you can have it on you almost everywhere. It took the place of CD players.

I love MP3 players very much. You can find nowadays more and more smaller ones in shops, which makes it easy to take them where ever you want. You can put it in your pocket or just hang on your neck. One of the greatest advantages is that you can have hundreds of tracks on them and not only tracks but pictures and documents from your computer, too. So you don't need a floppy or pendrive when you want to print something. On most of the MP3 players you can listen to the radio, too which was not among the functions of CD players.

We can hardly find bad features of it. It works with battery, so it's not a cheap form of spending free time if you listen to music frequently. Another black point is that to put tracks on an MP3 player you need to have a computer as without it it's impossible.

I have an MP3 player for a year which was bought by my sister in Spain. She was so kind that she gave it to me as I travel a lot every week and it is much more practical to take it with me than my CD player. I like it very much as I can easily take off the tracks that are on it but I'm bored with and put on new ones that I get like, although I couldn't do it with the CDs. I like almost all forms of listening to music, like live concerts, CDs or YouTube, but MP3 is my favourite one, as I have it with me always, so for example when I'm sad it's there to listen to my favourites.

No comments: